Do you want to get data from Dynamics 365 or the CDS to an Azure
I didn’t get Twitter for a while. I signed up and tentatively sent a few tweets around May 2009 but it still took me a while to get my head around why you would bother. Eventually though it has won me over.
Following is a list of things that I’ve managed to use Twitter for in the last few months – not earth shattering, but also not the kind of thing that is easily accomplished with
- Obviously following a bunch of comedians and having chuckles at their comments and links – @chaslicc, @rossnoble etc.
- Get answers to a sales enquiry (well before I got a reply to my email to the same company)
- Found results to NRL games, even quicker than the bloated Flash based ‘live scoreboard’ on the NRL website – search for #nrl or just the name of the team playing
- Got Harvey Norman to correct an in-store sign for the HTC Hero that had a Windows logo for the O/S (and had a laugh)
- Found out about things happening in my local area #Canberra including traffic problems, bomb scares, local events etc.
- Chuckled at tweets during Masterchef!
One of the keys to ‘getting into’ Twitter for me has been able to do it from my phone – I do most of my reading from my phone and occasional updates. I used the web interface on my PC for a while but have recently been using Seesmic which is a better experience.
What have you found Twitter useful for? Or have you found it to be a complete WOFTAM (waste of f$%king time and money)?